Saturday, September 10, 2011

So, here it begins.  If you don't know by now, I am about to embark on a big adventure.  Two weeks from today, I will be "abandoning" my family to travel to France for work for an ENTIRE MONTH.  My wonderful, patient, and BRAVE husband will be taking on the task of being the single parent while I am away.   He has had a lot of practice over the last year especially.  I have been away for business about one week per month for the last year or so, but NEVER for more than a week.  Daddy makes a good Mr. Mom.  The image below is an example of his handiwork.  Mr. Mom does a mean pony tail (a difficult task when both girls have short hair).  


In any case, I have decided to start this blog so my children and family can keep up with my big adventure abroad.  Hopefully, when I return, my travels will become less frequent.  I am looking forward to becoming a homebody (as is Mr. Mom).  Once I return, my postcards will just be from a "broad."  But in the meantime, I am looking forward to some adventures.  I hope Mr. Mom and the pigtail brigade will have a safe and uneventful month.  Wish them well.

2 comments:

  1. This is an excellent way for us all to join in your adventures. :) I'll be looking forwarding to your posts---whether they are from 'abroad' or from a 'broad'. :D Cute blog name. Love and hugs to all of you. Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read about your adventure... going to France (you know, 5 years ago) was one of the triggers for starting my blog. :) Now, it's just mostly about the kids... as is most of my life.

    ReplyDelete