Friday, October 21, 2011

Theraputic Weekend

Late Post from Oct 16

So, this week was unusually rough.  The training is getting very intense, I have a TON of work, I have gotten almost no sleep, I REALLY REALLY miss my family, and the daily grind of french life has become "normal."  The only thing keeping me upbeat this week was the thought of going to the MOUNTAINS.  It's amazing to think that just a few short hours away (440km) from the center of the earth (Clermont Ferrand) are JAGGED, SNOW COVERED mountains.  Today I was revitalized in so many ways.  I hope this trip will help sustain me for the last grueling week until I can return home!

Check out some of my adventures today:

Ahhhhh. The Alps!


This tree reminds me of the redwoods in California


Annecy is a beautiful place.....

I convinced three of my buddies to take this ridiculous day trip with me to Mont Blanc and back!

What a beautiful lake

Dont I look like I am enjoying myself?


Here I am calling my husband from the TOP OF MONT BLANC!!!!


Ahhhhhhhhhhh......therapy.  I got to play in the snow!


This reminds me of "home"


I wanted to go out to the great outdoors, but you aren't allowed here without crampons and proper gear!



Going back down the mountain on the cable car.  There is parasailing everywhere.  Good thing my buddies and I didn't know that several weeks before, one flew into the cable....and the cable car was stranded for hours and the people had to come out one by one with a harness.......After we discovered this, I thought that would have been an AWSOME experience.....but my buddies didn't agree :)

Look at the lovely town of Chamonix below!


More pictures of the lake at Annecy


More pictures of the Alps!




Ahhhhhh.  That was great for me!  Ready for the LAST WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment